Tuesday, December 30, 2014

why i blog

I'm here to talk about New Years resolutions and my blog. I have been completely uninspired on this little blog of mine for the past while. First of all I want to talk about the reasons I blog. I don't have a big following, and I probably never will and that is completely ok, I don't blog to become popular or liked on the internet, I blog for me.
I'm a writer and I blog for the intense relief of spilling all of my feelings in one place. I blog to share the things that make me happy with other people. I have loved the people I have met through blogging, I have loved the friendships that have grown through blogging. Sometimes my mouse will hover over the publish button before posting not knowing if I should share something or not, but I have never been disappointed with sharing. I have received love and support from facebook friends, instagram followers and bloggers alike.
I think my biggest downfall with blogging has been feeling the pressure of having to blog, and only sticking to certain topics. I loved the little blog I created last semester ( http://vintagethread.blogspot.com/ ) but I missed this one. I love the fact that this blog has no theme, I can write whatever I want, whatever I feel, and I missed that. I think from here on out I'll be posting more fun vintage inspired things, (I was able to find a lot of fun vintage clothes and objects that I cant wait to share with you all!) but i'll also be posting my fears, my struggles, my happiness, things I find funny, and whatever else I feel like! Here's to a new year, and lots of real raw posts.
Here's a sneak peek of some of the vintage outfits you might see soon on my blog, courtesy of my amazing grandma. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment