Sunday, January 11, 2015

freezing kool aid/patience

I remember long ago summers spent with my best friend Rachel. Our knees were dirty from playing under her deck in the dirt for hours. We both wore cutoffs that were fraying, and dirty t-shirts. Our hair was no doubt messy and falling out of the braids that our mothers had tried to tame them in. It was hot those summers and we had so much fun mixing up kool aid, pouring it in ice cube trays sticking toothpicks in the top, and making our very own popsicles. I remember waiting for what seemed like days for the ice cubes to freeze. We would play for a few minutes and run to the freezer in hopes that our popsicles were ready. We were usually disappointed to only find cold kool aid, or slightly slushy kool aid that wasn't completely frozen.
This is what my life feels like right now, I feel like I'm just stuck waiting. Will the things I've waited for ever happen? Will the kool aid ever freeze?

 Right now my life feels like running to the freezer with dirty bare feet and messy hair, only to find kool aid that’s not yet frozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment