Wednesday, January 7, 2015

a little 80's

Today was a big hair, and dirty dr. pepper kind of a day. My big hair inspired me to pull out this sweater that my mom recently gave me. 
A week or so before Christmas my parents cleaned out our coat closet and pulled out some long forgotten clothes from the 80's. My dad gave my mom this sweater when they were dating in 1983, he had a matching one. How incredibly sweet is that? Well long story short there was no way this sweater was going to be sent to the D.I. and one good washing later I now have a brand new old sweater!
How cute are my parents? 
I'm grateful to my mom for giving me her old clothes, and her big hair. :)


2 comments:

  1. that is so awesome!!!! i have a floral shirt i wear all the time that used to belong to my mom in the 80s/90s. the other day i found a picture of her holding me as a baby and wearing the shirt! so cool! i think it's awesome how everything ends up coming back into style. going through my parents' closets is so much fun :) love how you styled the sweater, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julia! I've decided that one of my favorite things is going through my parents (and grandparents) old clothes! It's so much fun to look back and see what they were doing and wearing at my age! I also love looking back at old pictures! It also makes me wonder if I have any fun clothes for my future kids one day!

      Delete