Tuesday, July 1, 2014

banana seat bike


This is my mom's bike from the 1970's isn't it perfect? My grandparents found it tucked away in their garage and it still had air in the tires! It's a miracle bike, really it is. It still rides like a dream, the only downside is the breaks are a little slow on the uptake, but it's 40 years old so I'd say it's doing pretty good! When I ride it I feel like I've gone back in time. My one question for modern bike manufacturers is why did you stop making banana seats? They are 10 times more comfortable than normal bike seats, I just don't understand it!

3 comments:

  1. dream bike. dream bike. dream bike!!! love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kira - i've just discovered you (via Julia Paige above actually!) and had to comment on this glorious bike............. it's so good!! What a dreamboat of a bike! I love the banana seat too... I really do wonder why they stopped making those things..?! Such a treat for you to be able to ride it around.

    I love your style - totally digging your vibe and your school-teacher skirt outfit too. What a gorgeous colour. I've just followed you on bloglovin so I'll hopefully be able to keep up with all your posts now! :)

    have a great day!
    Jemima

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jemima thank you so much for your kind comments! I'm glad you like my bike, I've been having so much fun riding it around and seeing people give me funny looks! haha Thanks for following my blog it means a lot! I've loved checking yours out!

      Delete