Sunday, June 8, 2014

skirts, bows, and mary jane's, oh my!


This is my first ever outfit post. My outfit for church today just came together really well and so I thought I would share it with you all. I love the vintage, simple and feminine vibe that it gives. Disclaimer: Please excuse my awkward modeling. 

I like to call this my school teacher skirt. I love the classic/ vintage look of it. I also love the fact that its modest and long enough to wear to church! It's almost impossible for me to find skirts and dresses (with the exception of maxi skirts) that are long enough for me. 
These are my favorite shoes, I cannot tell you how much I love Mary Jane's! I think they are the perfect vintage shoes. When I found these (even though they are kind of monsters and the heels are 4 inches tall) they had to be mine. They're also my favorite color, so how could I not love them?

My shirt has little bows all over it, I thought it added a little fun detail to my outfit. I also added these bright fun pink and orange earrings. The belt I'm wearing came with the skirt, so I can't take credit for that.
Nothing makes me feel more like I'm in an old fashioned movie than having to lift my skirts as I'm walking/running somewhere. 
My Skirt is from: Modcloth
My Shirt is from: Forever 21
My Shoes are from: Forever Young Shoes
And my Earrings are from: Shopko (Oddly enough I always find really cute jewelry there!)

I hope you enjoyed my first outfit post. It's nothing fancy, just some fun pictures around my yard, but let me know if you want to see more posts like this!

*Photos are courtesy of my brothers cute girlfriend Ashley, she's the best! :)


4 comments:

  1. your shoes are so cute!!! love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I checked out your blog, it's super cute! I love the dress you posted about the other day. SO cute!

      Delete
  2. Absolutely love the shoes as well!!! Vintage and very pretty.

    xo,
    malia

    littleladychang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really like your blog, all of the pictures on it are gorgeous!

      Delete