Monday, January 19, 2015

the liebster award



Thank you to Norah Coughlin for nominating me for the liebster award! This award is given to help others discover new blogs, which I think is a great idea!

This is how the liebster award works for those who are nominated.
  • Link the person who nominated you
  • Answer the questions asked by the person who nominated you
  • Nominate 11 blogs with under 200 followers
  • Create 11 questions for those blogs to answer
  • Notify those bloggers via there blogs/social media

These are the questions Norah gave me. 
  • What is your favorite thing about blogging?
My favorite part of blogging is having my own creative space to express my feelings, interests and whatever I feel like! I also love discovering other blogs and getting to know others through their blogs!
  • If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
 I would probably pick upstate New York, I recently visited there this past fall and fell in love with it! There were so many trees and it was so beautiful! If I had to pick anywhere outside the United States it would probably be Europe somewhere, although I haven't traveled there to find out where I would want to live yet! 
  • Coffee or Tea?
I don't drink coffee or tea for religious reasons, I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, most people know us as Mormons.  https://www.lds.org/topics/word-of-wisdom?lang=eng this link tells a little bit about the word of wisdom that we live by. 
Although I don't drink green tea, I do drink Herbal tea, and I love it! My favorite is Chamomile! 

  • What's your TV guilty pleasure?
Lately I've been binge watching Once Upon a Time on netflix. I also love Gilmore girl reruns and Downton Abbey.
  • What's your dream job?
My dream job is to one day travel the world as a journalist. I also want to publish a couple of books in my lifetime. 
  • Favortie song of 2014?
I'm bad a picking favorites, but the song You by the Icarus Account would have to be pretty close to the top!
  • Winged Eyeliner or red lips?
Winged Eyeliner for sure! I'm still working on finding a red lipstick that I love, anyone have any suggestions?
  • What is the most important piece of advice you've heard so far in life?
Wow this is a hard question! My dad once told me that life is full of hard/awkward moments, but the trick to it is finding someone that will love you through those moments. I'm still working on finding that person ;) but it's a piece of advice that I haven't forgotten!

  • Favorite food?
This probably sounds so lame, but I love mashed potatoes and gravy almost more than anything else. I could eat them every day for pretty much every meal. 

  • Where do you find the best clothing deals?
This winter me and my mom found Gap sweaters for 10 dollars on clearance! I shop lots of places and always head straight to the clearance rack, I don't always find stuff there, but more often than not you can find awesome deals!


  • Favorite blogger or youtuber?
I love reading http://www.niceandquietblog.com/ I feel like I know Bri and basically I've just stalked her blog. But she's an amazing photographer and an awesome writer, I always love reading her posts!

I nominate:
My fave you are
Simple and Rose
Jemima Jane
Just Your Average Readhead
Miss Julia Paige
Sincerly Mad
Little Lady Chang
Hansen Hullabaloo
Life As I See It

And I fail cause I only nomianated 9 people... Oops!

My questions for my nominees are:

  • Why did you start blogging? 
  • What is the message you want to get across with your blog?
  • What is your favorite decade from the 1900's to get style inspiration from? 
  • Would you rather read a book or watch a movie?
  • Long or short hair?
  • What's your dream vacation?
  • What's your favorite holiday and why?
  • What's your favorite breakfast cereal?
  • What is one goal you have for your life 5 years from now?
  • What's your favorite band of the moment?
  • What is one book you would recommend to a total stranger?

3 comments:

  1. Oh I do love this. And I am a potato gal myself -- it is quite the guilty pleasure. And winged eyeliner is my go to signature as well. Those questions are just the best! I'll have to start work on them!
    xo,
    Malia
    littleladychangblog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, I'm glad you like the questions! I'm excited to read all your answers!

      Delete
  2. Hey Kira! I have been walking (?!) across Spain for the last few months and am only just now getting back into the blogging world... Thanks so much for the nomination! Love the questions and will definitely be working on my response too. Thanks a bunch lady. Looking forward to catching up on all the posts I've missed since Feb... Yowzaz. Almost too scared to log into bloglovin!

    x

    ReplyDelete