Monday, May 4, 2015

will you? YES!!!


Warning, this blog post will be super long and cheesy so prepare yourself. 
I would like to introduce you to Matt, he is sweet, funny, chivalrous, and in my eyes he's pretty perfect. We met a couple of months ago on a blind date. (I know those don't ever work out right? Wrong.) His best friend set him up with me, and my best friend set me up with him. Our first date was pretty relaxed we doubled with our friends. I tried to get out of it by saying I had work until 8, and he didn't want to go either at first. Somehow his mom talked him into giving it a chance, and they planned the date for 8:30 so I could go after work. Our first date was fun, but I had no idea what was about to happen. 
The next day I was surprised to get a text from him, he actually asked me questions and wanted to talk to me, so I text him back and conversation was easy. I was surprised that he actually wanted to get to know me better, I had kind of given up on finding that for a while. We talked to each other pretty consistently after that, and made plans for the next Friday. We ended up seeing each other that Wednesday, and Friday, and have hardly missed a day since then. He brought me roses a couple of weeks later and then I knew he was a keeper! ;)
It probably sounds cliche, but the way things have worked out and been so easy between us has made me understand why the relationships I had before never worked out. My relationship with Matt has never felt forced, and we have felt God's hand in our lives every step of the way. We just knew that the rest of our lives were meant to include each other.

Fast forward to Sunday May 3, 2015
We went to church together, and ate dinner with his family after. Then he wanted to go for a drive and go to the Payson Temple. The Payson Temple holds a special place in my heart because my dad grew up in Payson, and I have so many memories of visiting my grandparents there. Matt and I had gone through the open house together earlier that week and had already talked about getting married there. We had also spent hours walking around it, and looking at it from the road before the gates were open. I made things difficult by saying that I was tired and kind of wanted to go home, but he was persistent that we go. While driving there he looked over at me and asked, "Is your family usually on time?" I gave him a weird look and said, "Umm kind of, why?" "You just said you are always late and I wondered if you got it from them." Was his reply. I told him he was a weirdo, but secretly thought, "What if he's going to ask me tonight?" But I told myself not to get my hopes up. 
By the time we drove to Payson it was raining, I told him I didn't want to get out of the car and ruin my hair, but again he was persistent and said, "No, we should to walk around." He parked on the street instead of in the parking lot, which I thought was kind of weird but I brushed the thought aside again as we walked up to the temple. As we got closer to the temple I recognized in a huddle of people my dad smiling at me and then I realized my whole family was there, along with Matt's. Then I started to shake, I didn't cry I just shook like a leaf and couldn't stop smiling. We walked up closer to the temple, our families were smiling at us, Matt turned to me and got down on one knee, and then he asked me to marry him. I'll let the pictures do the rest of the explaining, because I can't explain in words how perfect it was.



"Is this real life?"

"Will you?"

"YES!!"








It's perfect.




Happiest moment of my life, so far...

I love you. 

When you find a boy who brings you roses, and who loves you for exactly who you are, you know you've found a keeper. <3




Being able to share this moment with both of our families, at our favorite place was beyond perfect. I have fallen in completely in love with Matthew Petersen, and I can't wait to see what our future holds!
*Shout out to my sister Heather for taking these wonderful pictures!

2 comments:

  1. One of my favorite days ever! Favorite post ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS GIRL!!!!!! so excited for you and your fiancé. you look SO happy :)

    ReplyDelete